My Ticker

Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Weigh In and BYOC!

Starting weight          372 lbs. on 12/5/11  I'm in week 12
last weeks weight      324.7
This weeks weight     324.6  WTH!
Loss of .1 lbs for the week  Total loss of 48     

What the HELL? .1????? Really?  .1? Talking about sucking! What the heck am I doing wrong? I know its still a loss but see the numbers up there at the top? 324, I can't possibly be plateauing can I? WHY, WHY, WHY? I've kept my calories at less that 1100 and my protein at about 70g a day, OK, I'm kinda sucking at the water thing. I haven't done 64oz. but I'm getting at least 48 a day! My trainer says that I could be building more muscle and loosing fat so it won't show on the scale but in the way my body looks. That did calm me down a bit, so I'm going with that for right now. So on to BYOC. I haven't done this before, but it looked fun so what the hey!

Brought to us by Drazil:
1.  Since I talked about psychics this week - I'm curious....if you could see one for free and you could only ask one question - what would it be?
Will my children be happy and healthy? I don't want them to go through the same things I have, so I would want to help them along the way to change things to prevent heartache. But doesn't every parent want that?
2.  What's your favorite ice cream flavor and topping?

That depends upon the day. Some days Mint Chocolate Chip--yummo. Some days Buttered Pecan. I also love Chocolate with Peanut Butter added in (can you say Coldstone?!) I LOVE ice cream <3!

5.  Repeat question.  Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
Real life has been pretty much the same except I have had one sick child. He's not real sick but his asthma has really been acting up. He hasn't slept real well, so neither have I. Its been cold, rainy, snowy and since this is South Dakota...WINDY as hell!  Can't wait for spring to hit so I can go outside and walk. We live in the country and gravel roads are not conducive for walking. I'd end up on my ass in a ditch more than anything! Now blogland............AWESOME! I want to thank Drazil for that! I've added so many new followers this week! Amazing!  I still don't post everyday, but I can't always think of things to say. I could put whats going on in my head, but that might scare some people! LOL Hope everyone has a good weekend!
3.  What's your preferred method of working out?  DVDs, an external gym, gym inside your home, classes?

I like going to the gym at this moment because I hired a trainer for accountability. She MAKES me move my ass! I do play with my Wii Fit at home, but I don't get much done, my kids always interrupt me! I'm not to the point I feel comfortable with classes yet. I want to try Zumba, but I think I would look to much like an elephant stomping around. I'm not coordinated yet. I will get there!
4.  If you work outside the home or if you ever did or will in the future - do you think it's better/easier to work with men or woman?  Who do you work mostly with now?
I will work outside the home again one day! I use to! But lets be honest, I'm a florist. I work with mostly women, in one way or another. If I do work with a man in my industry, they are either gay (and really gay but they are hilarious! Everything is BEAUTIFUL and FABULOUS! ) or married. Women are OK. Since we worked in a smaller shop we all got along pretty well. About 12 years ago I wanted to try a sit down job and went to work in an office setting with a bunch of women........NO FREAKING WAY! Bitch, bitch, bitch. There was one woman who was just toxic! She complained constantly!  I've always had friends that are guys, so that would be OK too.

I went and read what I wrote and had to add a note onto #4. Besides working with men that are gay in the industry the only men I really see are ones coming into the shop for flowers for their women. Its so hilarious that you can usually tell by looking at the man what hes there for. Just to make them squirm I have asked "birthday, anniversary or are you in the doghouse?"  You can read them like a book! If they laugh, its one of the first two, if they look down.......Then I ask "how mad is she?" 1 rose, half dozen or a really big bouquet?

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh - I haven't had mint chocolate chip in years....now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your plan about the plateau. It is frustrating. This happens periodically for me regardless of what I do. No rhyme or reason to it. So I've finally just accepted it. I do yell at the scale though and make lots of verbal threats but that doesn't seem to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha...1 rose or a really big bouquet...if I'm mad enough at The Rockstar to require a big bouquet there better be some jewelry attached to it too :)

    Hope your baby boy feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is frustrating to not see the reward on the scale. Try to take it with a grain of salt- it will catch up if you keep working on it. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, mint chocolate chip. You're killin' me!

    ReplyDelete